Seal of shaft from clutch into gearbox.

Hi all,
i seem to be getting a bit too much dripping from the bottom of the bell housing.
I looked at the parts diagram but could not identify what is used to seal this input shaft as it enters the gearbox.  Does anyone know if it is a standard seal or a haffy special?
Can the seal be replaced without splitting the box or anything too drastic. :)

The rear engine seal should be good but I'll check again when I split the engine from the Bell housing.
Thanks, J.


  • You need to know which gearbox you have.

    If you look in the parts manual section 2 09/2 (gearbox internals) then Item 64 - part number: 501.1.2202 = BAS 36/20/6 Oil seal. (This is the early gearbox) 
    Later gearbox part number: 902.3808 = BAS 36/20/8

  • Thanks John. Thank makes sense.
    It is a 4 Spd box so is it fair to assume its the early box type or is there a known way to identify them? :) On the top of the casing if stamped 4111 for the rear part and 2512 for the front part of the gearbox.  J.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!