September Event at Ashdown Camp, Evesham

September Event – 25th & 26th September 2021

This year we are visiting Ashdown Camp in the Vale of Evesham for the first time. This is an ex WW2 base that is now a museum. Visit https://ashdowncamp.com for more information.

We have use of a large flat field for camping and there are toilets and showers available. The cost per vehicle camping for the whole weekend, Friday to Monday, will be £20. That cost also gives access to the museum and exhibits. For those wanting power the Camp has a separate Certified Location next door where a pitch with power can be booked.

There are numerous B&Bs and hotels in the area if you are not camping.

The programme is :-

Friday                   Arrive any time after 12.00 noon

Saturday              Road run of approx. 60 miles starting at 10am, around the Cotswolds, with a lunch stop at the Gloucester Steam Railway station at Toddington.

Evening meal in the Naafi on site. The cost will be in the region of £10 a head and menus are to follow. I understand that spotted dick may be available.

Sunday                 Nothing formally arranged as there will be a large Militaria Market on site all day, entrance cost per person is £2. There are other local attractions should you wish to make your own arrangements.

The address is Ashdown Camp, Badsey Road, WR11 7PA

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND AND THE NUMBER FOR DINNER ON

SATURDAY EVENING.

PHONE, TEXT OR EMAIL TO 07775 947660 OR chairman.hafandpinzclubuk@gmail.com

I hope that you will be able to attend and I look forward to meeting up with members old and new. 

Regards

Nigel Drayton

Chairman

Comments

• Should be a good run around the cotswolds. 
  • Unfortunately, Lurch and myself won't be able to make it. Lurch hasn't been mobile for the last 6 months and as a result I wouldn't really want to make the first journey that sort of distance. Under normal circumstances, that distance would be no problem.
    Hope you have a good treffen
    John